Client testimonial Pakal Villa 15
September 14, 2017
To: Bjoern Koch CIPS
Area International Real Estate (AREA)
Jira Caribe Plaza Local A-03
Ave 10 NTE # 224 Esq 12
Centro, Playa Del Carmen
Q. R. 77710
Subject: Letter of Reference
Nita and I wanted to formally thank you for helping us sell our Pakal Villas house in Playacar.
We had dreamed of living in Playa del Carmen and visited there for years before we bought our property in 2003. We leased the property at first and moved there in 2008. Eventually when other life pursuits, namely grandchildren, started to claim more of our time in the US, we searched carefully for the right Playa del Carmen real estate agent to sell our property. We were very fortunate to have found you.
Nita and I believe you brought the following capabilities to the selling process that most other real estate agents in Playa del Carmen lacked:
1) You are licensed as a Certified International Property Specialist (CIPS) which means you have undergone specialized training to complete international transactions seamlessly and with reduced risk. This was important to us as most Playa del Carmen realtors are not licensed and as such are ill prepared to adequately counsel their clients on Mexican and International laws and regulations related to the sale of property.
2) You provided an aggressive marketing plan for our property that included frequent open house sessions conducted by your employees, inviting other Playa del Carmen realtors to view and show the house, large for sale banners and color brochures for visitors, and published a comprehensive internet presence with pictures and text highlighting and marketing the attributes of the property.
3) You provided frequent feedback from potential buyers who visited the property and from online parties who viewed the property. It was this feedback that allowed us to make modest improvements throughout the selling process that ultimately helped produce an acceptable offer.
4) You managed our expectations. We were impatient at times with potential buyers indicating negative things about the property but you always set an example of patience and persistence that carried us through ultimately to a successful sale.
5) You handled the offer negotiation and closing of our property in an exemplary manner. My wife and I have bought and sold a number of properties through the years and without a doubt, your management of the closing process exceeded our expectations. From the lengthy back and forth negotiations with the ultimate buyers to get to an acceptable offer to the final process of closing documentation and wire transfer of the sales proceeds, you were always one step ahead of the many attendant problems and obstacles that are a part of selling property in Mexico.
Thank you Bjoern
David and Nita Stockton